1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit our website and use our Services, we collect personal information, which is information that identifies you as an individual, relates to you as an identifiable individual, or that, along with other information, could identify you. We collect the following types of personal information:
Information we receive from Cleeng:
After you open an account with Cleeng, we receive the following information about your use of our Services: first and last name, email. If you choose to receive our emails, we will receive your email address and indication of your choice to receive emails.
We need your account information in order to provide you with content. We need your email address in order to send you the communications that you’ve requested. If you do not provide this information, we would not be able to provide these Services to you.
Information we collect from you: Interact with our website or Services: When you participate in surveys or any other promotion, post a product review, engage with us on our various social media platforms, or send us any feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, or interact with us in any way, you provide us with personal information such as your name, email address, social media username and IP address.
Information collected automatically: We may automatically collect the following types of information as you use our Services. We, or our third party providers or advertising partners collect this information using cookies and other technologies (outlined in Section 3):
- Usage Information: which pages on our Site you access, the frequency of access, what you click on while on our Site and when you accessed the Site
- Interaction with email: Emails we send contains a bit of code known as a “web beacon”. This code allows us to understand the time and date when you have opened an email. If you wish to disable our web beacons, you should do so by turning images “off” in your email client (e.g., Outlook, Gmail).
- Ad Interaction: Data about the online ads served (or attempted to serve) to you. It includes things like how many times an ad has been served to you, what page the ad appeared on, and whether you clicked on or otherwise interacted with the ad
- Location Information: information about your location, which may be determined through your IP address.
- Device Information: information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP addresses.
- Mobile Device Information: mobile network information, such as the unique device identifier assigned to that device, mobile carrier, operating system, and other device attributes.
2. ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISINGWe as well as third parties, including Facebook, Google and Adroll, use information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other storage technologies (see Section 3) to collect or receive information from our website as well as from elsewhere on the internet and use that information to:
- Display ads and make recommendations to you of products, services or causes based on your interests and preferences (determined from your use of our website and other websites)
- Measure the performance of ad campaigns for us and for businesses that advertise with or through our website, including through retargeting campaigns;
- Serve and measure ads across different browsers and devices used by you;
- To create audiences that are grouped together by common event data, which we may use to target ad campaigns; and
- Track information how the Services are used so that we can make improvements based on analytics and insights about your use of our website or Services. We also use such analytics cookies to test pages, features or new functionality of the Service to see how our users react to them.
To this end, we use:
- We use Facebook Pixel for both analytics and advertising. Facebook Pixel allows us to customize our advertising and to serve you ads on your social media based on your browsing behavior. This allows your behavior to be tracked after you have been redirected to our website by clicking on the Facebook ad. The Facebook Pixel stores a cookie on your computer to enable us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. We do not have access to the personal information collected through the Facebook Pixel. However, the information collected via the Facebook Pixel, from our website, as well as from any other website you visit that has a Facebook Pixel installed, is also shared and processed by Facebook. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes in accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy [https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/]. The Facebook Pixel also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and off Facebook. To control how Facebook Pixel collects information about you, you can view and adjust your Facebook ads settings and update your preferences at any time or see here for how you can opt out of such interest based advertising.
- We use Google Adwords and Adroll for advertising and retargeting. To control the collection of data for advertising purposes by Google, you may visit the Google Ad Settings page here: https://adssettings.google.com To opt out of receiving personalized ads served by Adroll or on Adroll’s behalf by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads served by them and following the instructions provided or by clicking here. Please note that this “opt out” function is browser-specific and relies on an “opt out cookie”: thus, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again.
- We use Mailchimp to analyze and measure user behavior, to send out email newsletters and to track the readership in our newsletters including how many recipients have opened the newsletter message and how often which link in the newsletter was clicked in order to optimize the advertising displayed to you. With the help of conversion tracking, this can be used to analyze whether a predefined action (for example, purchase of a service on our website) took place after clicking on the link in the newsletter in order to be able to better adapt and distribute our newsletter content. To do this, the emails sent include web beacons or tracking pixels, which represent one-pixel image files that are integrated on our website.
We link the data listed above as collected by cookies and web beacons with your email address and an individual ID. With the obtained data we create a user profile to tailor the newsletter to your individual interests. In doing so, we record when you read our newsletters, which links you click in these and from that infer your personal interests. We link this data with the actions you have taken on our website.
For more information about how Mailchimp collects and uses your data, please visit: [https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy]. You can disable the email tracking by disabling the display of images by default in your e-mail program. In this case the newsletter will not be displayed completely and you may not be able to use all the features. If you display the images manually, the tracking described above will be done. You can revoke your consent and opt out of such email communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email or by contacting us at [email protected] Even if you unsubscribe from these emails you will continue to receive service related correspondence.
3. “COOKIES” AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
You can find out more about the cookies we use from each of the categories in the table below.
|Categories of Cookies||Purposes||Description|
|Strictly Necessary||Security||These cookies are required for making use of our Services. Some cookies help us detect, prevent, and mitigate malicious and fraudulent activities on our Services. Security cookies also support and enable other security features.|
|Functional||Analytics & Research||We use some cookies to collect information about how people are using our Services. For example, these cookies allow us to know which pages are visited the most often, our Site’s page load times and page response times, the device or web browser you are using to access our Services, and your estimated location that can be deduced from your IP address. Overall, these cookies provide us with analytical information about how our Services are performing and how we can improve them. A description of the analytics done by Google can be found at policies.google.com/technologies|
|Functional||Preferences & Settings||Your preferences may be stored in our cookies so you do not have to reset them every time you visit our Services. These cookies allow us to remember the choices you make to tailor this Site and provide enhanced features and content to you. For example, these cookies can be used to remember your user name and region information.|
|Functional||Diagnostics||These cookies help us and our third party service providers diagnose server and software errors, and in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse.|
To learn how you can control information collected about you using cookies and other technologies see Section 6.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information collected through cookies and other technologies as described in Section 3, to: maintain our site, improve our site, conduct analytics and for marketing and advertising activities.
We use the personal information you provide to us to provide the Services to you and the information we received from Cleeng, to improve our Services, and to protect our legal rights. We limit the collection of personal information to that which is relevant for these purposes. We will not store, access, transmit, retain, or otherwise use personal information in any way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or stored as described in this Policy without user consent. We use the personal information we collect to:
- Provide you with the Services.
- Bill You For Services. This is carried out through Cleeng and we do not get access to this information.
- Communicate With You. To communicate with you about our Site or Services, to send you account updates or other communications regarding your account or to inform you of any changes to our Site or Services.
- Provide Customer Support. To provide support or other services you request
We process your information for the following purposes for improvement and market our Services, and in the security of our Services. These purposes include the following:
- Communicate about new features: We send you notifications about new features or information available on our Services or that we feel might be of interest to you. You can opt-out by emailing us at [email protected] or clicking the Unsubscribe link in the email notifications you receive.
- To maintain and improve our Site and Services: We analyze how our users interact with our Site in order to maintain and improve our Site. We also use information that we collect to diagnose any problems with our Site.
- Benchmarking: We aggregate your information in order to gain insights into our Services and market our services.
If you have chosen this option when you signed up for a Cleeng account, we will use your information to send you our newsletter. You can opt out of receiving the newsletter by emailing us at [email protected]
In our processing of your information, we also share your personal information to defend our rights and the rights of others, to efficiently maintain our business, and to comply with the law.
5. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION.
We share your information with our service providers and advertising partners, in connection with a corporate restructuring, to prevent harm, to comply with the law, and to protect our legal rights.
- Service Providers: We share information with service providers that help us perform Site functions and process your transactions. Service providers include analytics, lead generation, referral management, emailing, and storage.
- Corporate Structure: We would share information if we are involved or intend to be involved in a merger, acquisition, consolidation, change of control, or sale of all or a portion of our assets or in connection with bankruptcy or liquidation proceedings.
- To Prevent Harm: We may share information if we believe it is necessary in order to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
- To Protect Our Rights and As Required by Law: We will share information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims or demands, or to comply with the requirements of any mandatory applicable law. We will also share information as necessary to enforce the Terms and any other terms that you have agreed to, including to protect the rights, property, or safety of DOGTV, its users, or any other person, or the copyright-protected content of the Services.
- Advertising: We allow the collection of personal information about you by third party providers for the purpose of advertising. See Section 2 above and Section 6 below for how you can control such use of your information.
- With Your Consent: We will request your permission to use or share your personal information for a specific purpose that is not compatible with the purposes listed here. We will notify you and request consent before you provide the personal information or before the personal information you have already provided is shared for such purpose. With your consent, we may also share your quotes and reviews on our Service for promotional purposes. If we rely on your consent to use or share your information, your consent may be revoked at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
6. CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Access, correct or delete your information: You may use your account to access or correct the information you provided to us and which is associated with your account You can also request this, as well as request deletion of your information, by emailing [email protected] Even if you terminate your account, keep in mind that deletion of your personal information by our third-party providers may not be immediate and that deleted personal information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time and as required by applicable laws and regulations.Cookies: If you would like to opt out of accepting cookies altogether, you can generally set your browser to not accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. However, certain features of our Site or other services may not work if you delete or disable cookies.
Facebook Pixel: To control how Facebook pixel collects information about you, you can view and adjust your Facebook ads settings and update your preferences at any time.
Adroll: To opt out of receiving personalized ads served by Adroll or on Adroll’s behalf by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads served by them and following the instructions provided or by clicking here. Please note that this “opt out” function is browser-specific and relies on an “opt out cookie”: thus, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out againGoogle Analytics: See http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ for information about how Google uses the information provided to Google Analytics and how you can control the information provided to Google. To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on for Google Analytics which can be found here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Google Adwords. To control the collection of data for analytical purposes by Google, you may visit the Google Ad Settings page here: https://adssettings.google.com. If you would like to generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers please see below.
Online advertising: To opt out of interest based advertising or to learn more about the use of this information by our service providers you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative website (http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp) or the Digital Advertising Alliance website (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/), or if you are in the EU, the EDAA (http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/). If you choose to opt out, we will place an “opt-out cookie” on your computer. The “opt-out cookie” is browser specific and device specific and only lasts until cookies are cleared from your browser or device. The opt-out cookie will not work for some cookies that are important to how our websites and mobile apps work (“essential cookies”). If the cookie is removed or deleted, if you upgrade your browser or if you visit us from a different computer, you will need to return to the applicable website to re-select your preferences.
To opt out of receiving targeted ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications follow the below instructions, for iOS and Android devices:
- iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting
- For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising
Promotional emails: To unsubscribe from promotional emails, please click the unsubscribe link included in the footer of all of our emails. By unsubscribing, you will be removed from our email list and you will no longer receive any communications from us. We will continue to send you notifications necessary for the Services related to this email address.
Email tracking: To disable our web beacons you may turn images “off” in your email client (e.g., Outlook, Gmail).
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the information we collect and store, from loss, misuse, destruction, or unauthorized access. Our security includes physical, administrative, and technology-based measures. We use encryption to protect data transmissions. We also safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, through access control procedures, network firewalls and physical security measures.
You acknowledge that no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We take security seriously, however, you should not expect that any information provided to us through the Site is free from the risk posed by unauthorized access.
10. CHILDREN’S PRIVACYOur Site and Services are not intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 18 years. If we become aware that a minor has provided us with personal information, we take steps to delete such personal information without undue delay.
11. DO NOT TRACKWe take no action in response to “Do Not Track” requests received from the user’s web browsing software.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICYWe may update or modify this Policy from time to time. We will post the changes to this page, and will indicate the date they go into effect. We encourage you to review our Policy to stay informed. If we make changes that materially affect your privacy rights we will notify you of the changes by posting a prominent notice on our Site or using other methods that we select, such as sending you an email.
CONTACT USIf you would like to exercise your right to view, correct, complete or remove your personal information, please contact us at [email protected] or [email protected] Within a reasonable period of time and upon verification of your identity, we will fulfill your request, provided that we will not act contrary to applicable legislation by fulfilling your request.
Last updated: December 2019